Daily Current Affairs 14th October, 2016
- The Nobel prize
- winning playwright and actor Dario Fo, famous for his cutting political satire in plays such as The Accidental Death of an Anarchist, has died aged 90.
- National Seismic Programme launched in Mahanadi Basin(onshore)in Odisha by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Dharmendra Pradhan:- Minister of State (with Independent charge) for Petroleum and Natural Gas,
- Launched on 13 October 2016
- Mahanadi :- East flowing river in india
- Source of the river is sihawa.
- largest earthen dam in the world, the Hirakud Dam.
- World Standards Day: 14 October
- Theme : “Standards Build Trust”.
- Antonio Guterres appointed UN Secretary-General
The 193 member states of the General Assembly adopted the resolution by acclamation, appointing 67-year-old Mr. Guterres as the 9th U.N. Secretary-General to take over from Ban Ki-moon, whose tenure will end on December 31, 2016.
ABOUT UNITED NATIONS
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States.
The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter.
- General Assembly
- Security Council
- Economic and Social Council
- Trusteeship Council
- International Court of Justice
Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
Founders: France, Denmark, Ecuador, Australia, Canada, Belgium,more
Founded: October 24, 1945, Lake Success, New York, United States
- Amrit Lugun as the Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea
- Shri Amrit Lugun(born inRanchi, Jharkhand),
- presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of the Sudan, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea, with residence in Khartoum(Sudan).
- King of Thailand dies
- Bhumibol Adulyadej – the world’s longest-serving monarch – has died aged 88.
- King Bhumibol, the ninth king of the 234-year-old Chakri dynasty.
- 63-year old Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn is expected to become the new king.
- CCEA approves revision of ethanol prices for supply to Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies
- Under Ethanol blended petrol(ECP) programme Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 13 October 2016 approved the mechanism for revision of ethanol price for supply to Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs)
- The administered price of ethanol for the Programme will be 39 rupees per litre for the next sugar season from 1 December 2016 to 30 November 2017.
- British Olympics icon Jessica Ennis-Hill announces retirement from athletics
- Renowned writer and litterateur Dayanand Anant from Uttarakhand passed away at 88
- R.A. Mashelkar conferred award by Centre for Organisation Development
- ABOUT:RAGHUNATH ANANT MASHELKAR
- Raghunath Anant Mashelkar, also known as Ramesh Mashelkar
- Notable award: Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar
- Awards: Padma Vibhushan
- former Director-General of CSIR, has been conferred the V Krishnamurthy Award for excellence by the Hyderabad-based Centre for Organisation Development