Daily Current Affairs 17th September, 2016
All India Radio Launches Balochi Website, Mobile App
- All India Radio (AIR) has been launched a website and mobile app for its Balochi service to reach people who speak this language across the globe.
- The move to start an AIR web service comes at the heels of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech in which the issue of Pakistani atrocities on people of Balochistan and PoK.
India Signs MoU With Sri Lanka To Support Fishermen And Farmers
- India and Sri Lanka Signed MoU to support livelihood of the fishing and farming communities by providing them equipment worth USD 2 million in the country’s southern Hambantota district.
- The agreement was signed by Y K Sinha, High Commissioner of India and W M M R Adikari, Secretary, Ministry of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development in the presence of Mahinda Amaraweera, Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development (Sri Lanka)
Ujjivan bags ,a microfinance institution,award for inclusive insurance
Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd, has won the Platinum Award for Inclusive Insurance at the SKOCH Insurance Awards 2016.
- The Telangana government has been signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Goa government to help the latter in information technology (IT) development.
- The to power IRCTC’s payment gateway
- Mobile payment and commerce platform Paytm has tied up with the country’s largest rail ticketing platform IRCTC to enable digital payments for travellers.
- The Paytm Wallet is already accepted on the IRCTC platform and is in addition to the native integration of Paytm’s payment gateway to the IRCTC application
Telangana signs MoU to help Goa in IT development
Through this MoU, Telangana will help the Goa government in formulating relevant policies.
HAL gets membership of APAQG with voting rights
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited on Friday has been conferred the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG)under the category ‘Full Member with voting rights’.
- This makes India the seventh nation to join the APAQG under the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). The other nations of APAQG are China, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore and Japan.
V K Sharma gets additional charge as LIC chairman
- V K Sharma, who is currently one of the two managing directors at Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), has taken additional charge as Chairman, LIC of India.
- Sharma joined LIC in the year 1981 as a Direct Recruit Officer.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: September 1, 1956
- Owner: Government of India
Former Italian PM Carlo Azeglio Ciampi dies
- Former Italian president, prime minister and central bank governor Carlo Azeglio Ciampi has died at the age of 95.
Ciampi helped steer the country through the dark days of corruption scandals in the 1990s and persuaded skeptical EU allies that the economy was fit to join the euro.