Daily Current Affairs 27th September, 2016
World Tourism Day: 27 September
- The World Tourism Day (WTD) is being observed annually on 27th September to raise awareness about the importance of tourism.
- Theme for the World Tourism Day is – “Tourism for all promoting universal accessibility’.
- Since 1980, the United Nations World Tourism Organizationhas celebrated World Tourism Day on September 27. This date was chosen as on that day in 1970, the Statutes of the UNWTO were adopted.
CSIR celebrates its platinum jubilee
- It is India’s largest civilian research and development agency
- The platinum jubilee celebrations will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is also the President of CSIR.
Govt removes Sushil Muhnot as CMD of Bank of Maharashtra
The Centre has removed Sushil Muhnot from the post of Chairman and Managing Director of Bank of Maharashtra.
The head office of Bank of Maharashtra is in Pune.
Vijay Kelkar elected president of Indian Statistical Institute
- Former petroleum secretary Vijay Kelkar has been elected as a president of the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).
- Vijay Kelkar has succeeded former RBI governor C Rangarajan.
- ABOUT INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE
- Founder: Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis
- Founded: December 17, 1931
- Director: Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay
- Location Kolkata (Headquarters), Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Tezpur, Giridih, Hyderabad, India
Sachin, Amitabh in new Swachh Bharat campaign
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched an ad campaign featuring Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar, for the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Under this campaign, three ad films featuring.
- ABOUT SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN
- Officially launched on 2 October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- It is a national campaign by the Government of India,
- Covers 4,041 statutory cities and towns, to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure of the country
Pakistan assembly passes marriage bill protecting Hindu women’s rights
- Pakistan’s lower house of parliament has passed a landmark bill giving its small Hindu minority the right to register marriages.
- The new bill sets the minimum age for marriage for Hindus at 18. The minimum legal age for marriage for citizens of other religions is 18 for men and 16 for women.
- The new law also legalises remarriage for a widow six months after her husband’s death.
Veerappa Moily-led parliamentary panel to examine merger of budgets
- The parliamentary committee headed by the Congress MP M Veerappa Moily, has been constituted to review the all budgetary reforms review the disinvestment policy, the banking sector in India and RBI’s emerging role and its framework.
Tripura Legislative Assembly ratifies GST Bill
- Tripura becomes 22nd state to ratifies the Constitutional Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST). State Finance Minister Bhanulal Saha moved a resolution to ratify the Constitution (122 Amendment) Bill, 2014 which was passed without any opposition.
- Formation 21 Jan. 1972
- Capital Agartala
- Districts 8
- Governor Tathagata Roy
- Chief Minister Manik Sarkar
- Legislature Unicameral (60 seats)
- Parliamentary constituency Rajya Sabha -1,Lok Sabha -2
- High Court Tripura High Court
Agriculture Minister inaugurates Krishi Unnati Mela in Mathura
- The Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh has inaugurated the 4 days Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Krishi Unnati Mela – 2016, in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Agriculture Minister laid foundation stone of first Gokul Gram Project in Mathura. On this occasion he said that government has prepared a plan to establish 14 Gokul Gram in the country under Gokul Mission. The first Gokul Gram is going to be established in Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay’s birth place, Mathura
Sathiyan Gnanasekaran wins Belgium Open
- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran has become only the second Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event as he clinched the men’s singles title of the Belgium Open.
- Sathiyan won his first pro title by defeating local player Nuytinck Cedric
- Achanta Sharath Kamal is the first Indian to win an ITTF event in 2012.
- He is ranked 152nd in the world