Daily Current Affairs 30th July, 2017
Iran Majlis(parliament) adopts motion to reciprocate US sanctions.
- National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran’s Majlis (parliament) on
- Saturday passed the general outlines of a motion to reciprocate the US sanctions on the country.
- It also envisages measures to support the Iranian armed and security forces as well as those Iranians who would be affected by the US actions.
ECONOMY,BUSINESS AND FINANCE
Over 12 lakh businesses apply for new GST registration.
- Over 12 lakh businesses have applied for fresh registration under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has reported
- Although businesses with turnover of up to Rs 20 lakh are exempt from GST and hence registration is not mandatory, traders and manufacturers are getting themselves registered so that the input tax credit can be passed on in the supply chain
RBI to procure 50 note verifying machine
- RBI is planning to buy 50 Currency Verification & Processing Systems for its regional offices for counting & authenticating banknotes of all denominations.
- Machine is proposed to be installed at its 18 regional offices throughout India.
- As per the Request for Proposal, machines should be computer based & microprocessor controlled having capacity to process at least 30 banknotes per second.
ENVIRONMENT,SCIENCE AND TECH
AI solution for visually impaired
- Accenture has developed an artificial intelligence powered solution to help visually impaired people improve the way they experience the world & enhance their productivity in workplace.
- Known as Drishti, It is a part of Accenture’s focus on Tech4Good, which aims to apply technology to improve the way world lives.
- Accenture plans to introduce it to 100+ visually impaired employees in India.
Mission to uncover secrets of Zealandia
- Scientists have set sail on a mission to uncover the secrets of “lost continent” of Zealandia.
- Zealandia, which is mostly submerged beneath the South Pacific, was once part of Gondwana super-continent but broke away some 75 million years ago.
- The drill ship JOIDES Resolution is undertaking 2 month expedition to Zealandia to better understand major changes in global tectonic configuration.
India to see launch of two moon missions
- India will witness launch of 2 lunar missions from Indian soil early next year.
- ISRO will launch its Chandrayaan-2 mission, an advanced version of its previous 2018 mission with the objective of deeper lunar surface probe.
- The other mission is by Team Indus, a group of space enthusiasts who want to unfurl the tricolour on moon’s surface as part of a global lunar competition.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons
- The United Nations World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed annually across the world on July 30.
- This year the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime has chosen ‘act to protect and assist trafficked persons’ as the focus of the World Day.
- This day highlights importance of prevention of trafficking in persons and to protect victims, whether in ordinary time or in crisis.
Sunil Subramaniam appointed Manager of team India.
- The BCCI appointed former Tamil Nadu Ranji team captain Sunil Subramaniam as the administrative manager of the Indian Cricket team
India wins FIBA women’s Asia Cup Final.
- Beating Kazakhstan by 73-71 Indian women’s team won FIBA Asia Cup Final.
- In a similarly nail-biting finish, Japan defeated Australia 74-73 in the Division A summit clash.