Daily Current Affairs 30th September, 2016
International Translation Day: 30 September
- The International Translation Day is being observed today on 30 September across the world with the theme “Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds”.
- This is the annual event for the translation community and event is marked with a series of dedicated events, seminars and symposiums across the world.
- International Translation Day is celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators.
Riyadh Mathew is new PTI Chairman
- Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama, Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Express has been unanimously elected Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
- Mathew, succeeds Hormusji N. Cama.
- Press Trust of India is the largest news agency in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi and is a nonprofit cooperative among more than 500 Indian newspapers
Shakti Sinha to head Nehru Memorial Museum and Library
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of retired IAS officer Shakti Sinha to the post of director, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML).
US & Vietnam navies begin 7th annual NEA in Da Nang
- The US and Vietnamese navies have begun the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity NEA, Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang.
- The exercise will also include Code for Unplanned Encounters at Sea and search-and-rescue scenarios.
- This exercise will counter the China-Russia`s ongoing exercise.
- ABOUT VIETNAM
- Capital- Hanoi
- Largest city Ho Chi Minh City
- Official languages Vietnamese
- Official scripts Vietnamese
- Currency đồng
Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft on one Artificial Intelligence platform
- Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft, have joined hands to announce a historic partnership on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to discuss advancement and conduct research in field of AI.
Telugu author Kolakaluri Enoch bags Moortidevi Award
- Telugu author and eminent scholar Prof Kolakaluri Enoch was honoured with the 29th Moortidevi Award 2015 for his novel Ananta Jeevanam.
- The award was given to the author by noted historian Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan.
World’s first 3 parent-baby born
- The world’s first child with genes from three people was born to a Jordanian couple in Mexico.
The five-month-old boy carries not only the DNA from both his parents but also a tiny piece of genetic code from a donor in order to avoid inheriting a genetic condition that could kill him.
- This raises questions about the ethics of Genetic Engineering .
Rani becomes 1st Indian woman to cross 60m in javelin
- Javelin thrower Annu Rani broke her own national record and in the process became the first Indian woman to cross the 60m mark on the penultimate day of the 56th Open National Athletics Championships in Lucknow.
Syed Haq no more
Bangladeshi author Syed Shamsul Haq ,an accomplished short-story writer, novelist, playwright and a very popular poet ,passed away in Dhaka at the age of 81.