Daily Current Affairs 6th August, 2017
71st anniversary of Hiroshima atomic bombing is being observed today.
- More than 140,000 people were killed by the first of two uranium bombs, nicknamed Little Boy and Fat Man dropped on Japan at the end of the second world war.
- An American B-29 bomber named Enola Gay dropped Little Boy, on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.
- Japan surrendered days later on 15th August 1945 bringing the war to a close.
The Indian Railways has signed its 1st EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) contract with Larsen and Turbo (L & T) for electrification of railway lines.
I-T raid on Karnataka Minister ends after 3 days
- IT raid on 6 locations linked to Karnataka Minister DK Shivakumar lasted for 72 hours
- 300 crore has been found as undisclosed income.
ENVIRONMENT,SCIENCE AND TECH
US to join climate talks despite quitting Paris accord
- The country would continue to participate in the UN climate change meetings .
- The State Department said that they will try to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through innovation and technology breakthroughs.
India beat Sri Lanka in Test Series
- India defeated Sri Lanka by 53 runs in the second Test to clinch 8th successive Test series win .
- Virat Kohli has surpassed Steve Waugh’s record of 7 consecutive Test series wins as captain and is behind Ricky Ponting who won 9.
Mo Farah wins 6th world championship gold
- British runner Mo Farah won gold in Men’s 10,000 meter race in London.
- He now has 10 consecutive global track distance titles.